You are now listening to Leverage for Growth. Hey everybody this is Jesse P. Gilmore founder of Niche in Control and creator of the Leverage for Growth, welcome to the daily leverage edition.
Today’s topic is this “Becoming a Ruthless CEO”. Sit back, relax and welcome to today’s daily leverage.
So this morning, I was doing my morning routine of stacking and reflecting on the conversation with a fellow friend and successful agency owner, Joey Gilkey, owner of Apex Revenue (formerly sales driven agency).
We were talking about how the majority of businesses will not last five years from now.
Many times due to the founders inability to endure doing the things that the market requires to be successful.
The market doesn’t care how much you tried
The market doesn’t care about your challenges or situation
The market only cares about results
If you are to succeed, you must become ruthlessly committed to results
Results for your clients
Results in your marketing
Results in your sales
Results in your profits
Results from your team
The market changes and requires you to change
This means that you may be required to fire people that don’t fit your vision or the market need
You may have let people go that have been with you since the beginning
You may have to make pivots that have you scale down so you can scale up
You may have to start over
You may have to adjust your offer, your messaging, your team.
You may have to fail in order to succeed
In fact, if you are an entrepreneur, you are going to have to do all of these things
Entrepreneurship is not for everyone
It is not the easy route
It is not for simply getting by
It is about being ruthless about bringing your vision into reality
To navigate the landscape and adjust to the market
If 85% of businesses that are around today will not be open in 5 years, that means that if you want to be the remaining 15%, you have to do what others are unwilling or unable to do.
This is a call for all true entrepreneurs
If you are a true entrepreneur, this is a call to arms
This should excite you rather than deflate you
If 85% of businesses won’t be around in five years, that number is infinitely smaller in ten years or twenty years.
The way you win is by not giving up, becoming ruthless, focusing on results, continually improving and adjusting to the market, and keep going.
In doing so, you use entrepreneurship to rise to the next level and become stronger in the process
Providing the market what it needs
In the end, bringing your vision into reality by aligning to the market needs by becoming the ruthless CEO you were called to be
Why is this important?
Many times as entrepreneurs, we are taught trained and educated to think of entrepreneurship as easy and anybody can do it
The truth is, entrepreneurship is difficult, challenging and not for everyone
When we lean into the difficult parts, doing the things that others can’t do, being ruthlessly committed to results
We differentiate ourselves from the pack
We adjust to the market
We stay relevant in the eyes of our ideal clients
We offer things that others can’t
We deliver on what is promised
We separate ourselves from others and set ourselves up for success
The truth is that entrepreneurship is not for the faint of heart
It is for those that are ruthless
That see each obstacle and challenge as an opportunity to improve, adjust and win
Not anyone else’s game but our own
We show others and ourselves that we were meant for this calling of entrepreneurship
In doing so, we achieve our highest potential
Now it is time for daily leverage.
Where in your world whether in your life or business, have you been ________?
Is it in your life with your health or body?
Is it in your life with your spirituality or self-direction?
Is it in your relationships with your spouse, partner or kids?
Is it in your business or finances or team?
Once you have located where you have been __________ and you know what you need to change.
My question to you is this…
What are you willing and able to do about it today?
That is the end of our daily leverage. This is Jesse P. Gilmore and you have been listening to the Leverage for Growth podcast.
If you are enjoying these daily leverage and agency leverage episodes, make sure to subscribe on Apple or Spotify now.